Wow – a fabulous chowder from Patty’s kitchen! A creamy shrimp chowder brimming with fresh veggies. It has a bit of a kick but not too spicy. Perfect for a chilly night served with freshly baked bread and a crisp green salad. I’ll be making this often! This one’s a keeper.
Patty's Shrimp Chowder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 large poblano peppers, chopped
- 1 can corn, undrained
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 14 ounce cans chicken broth (or chicken base/bullion & water)
- 1 cup whipping cream (or 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk instead)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp or may use 12 – 16 oz salad shrimp
- In large pot melt butter over med-hi heat.
- Add onion, celery, red pepper, & poblanos and sauté till soft.
- Add corn, broth, sugar, &cayenne. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and add cream/milk. Simmer 5 mins, then add shrimp and simmer 10-15 mins till flavors blend