For a super easy & quick weeknight meal – give this a try! It’s just a mixture of store-bought cheese tortellini, pre-made pesto & jarred alfredo sauce, a splash of veggie or chicken broth, cooked shredded chicken, mozzarella cheese and a bit of sweet red pepper for crunch and fresh basil sprinkled on top. Bake until bubbly and golden brown. Serve with a crisp fresh salad and maybe a wedge of garlic bread for a fantastic speedy dinner.
Chicken Tortellini Bake with Alfredo Pesto Sauce
- 1 package refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
- 1/2 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- 1 (15-oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated plus 1/4 cup
- 1/4 packed fresh basil leaves, sliced thinly
- Preheat the oven to 375F
- In a medium saucepan combine the pesto, alfredo and chicken or veggie broth, stir to combine and bring up to a low simmer – you just want to heat this through. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Remove from heat.
- In an 11 x 7 inch baking dish, or a casserole dish large enough to fit everything, assemble the tortellini, chicken, the sauce, red pepper and 1 cup of the mozzarella. Stir carefully to combine and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup cheese on top.
- Bake until bubbling and golden brown, then top with the sliced basil leaves and serve.