Microgreens top off this fresh and healthy assembly of toasted homemade sourdough, avocado spread, and feta. A perfect open-faced sandwich for brunch or a light dinner.
Sourdough Avocado Toast with Microgreens
- 2 slices sourdough bread or bread of your choice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 avocado roughly mashed
- 1 tsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup microgreens or rocket
- 2 Tbsp feta cheese or goat cheese
- 1 Tbsp basalmic glaze optional
- In a non-stick frying pan melt the butter & olive oil together over medium-medium high heat. Add 1 slice of bread, absorbing some of the butter/oil but quickly turning it over so it doesn't absorbe too much, then adding the other slice to the pan - same fashion, try to get enough oil/butter on it but not over-absorbed. Lightly toast on each side and remove from the pan. Set aside. In a small bowl mash your avocado, adding the lime juice, and salt & pepper to taste. Divide the avocado spread into 2 and spread each portion onto a slice of bread. Sprinkle on the microgreens, and the feta crumbles. If you have basalmic glaze, a light drizzle on top is nice. Or add a fried egg if you prefer.
~ RELATED POSTS TO CHECK OUT ~