We always look forward to a Country Style Pulled Beef or Pork slider once bbq season arrives. Truth be told we barbecue all year round, but some things I save for summer and these Country Style BBQ Rib Sliders are one of them. A crunchy slaw goes perfectly with the savory filling, and I gild the lily with sliced jalapeño while my family prefers pickles. If you can find Sylvia’s products near you, I highly recommend them – but any of your favorite bbq sauces and rubs will work just fine.
Country Style BBQ Rib Sliders with Crunchy Slaw
- 8-10 Country Style Ribs large size
- Sylvia's Rib Rub'n More Seasoning or similar
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sylvia's Rib Rub or similar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed (about 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 tbsp sandwich sauce or more if preferred
10-12 Slider Buns
Sliced fresh jalapeno and/or dill pickle slices to top slaw (optional)
- Heat oven 325F.
- Place ribs on a foil lined baking sheet and liberally sprinkle all sides with the rib seasoning. Top with another sheet of foil and seal the edges. Bake around 3 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Then brown ribs on a medium-medium high heat grill, liberally brushing with Sylvia's Cookin' Dippin' & Moppin' Sauce (or similar). Check at 5 to 10 minutes, applying more sauce to creat a nice baked on saucy crust. Remove and cool.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bone, shredding as you go. Apply more sauce to your taste and moisture preferrence. (This can be done a day ahead of time).
- In a small bowl or a jar with a lid, mix the sauce ingredients and stire or shake. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Thinly slice cabbage into a shredded consistency, mix in 2 tbsp of the prepared sandwich sauce. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Spread each side of the bun with Sandwich Sauce, spoon in meat mixture, top with the slaw and pickle or jalapeno slice (optional).
- Grilled over low, indirect heat (or smoker)
- Slow cooked in a crockpot or Instant Pot