We always look forward to a Country Style Pulled Beef or Pork slider once bbq season arrives and making these with Sylvia's makes them even more delicious. Truth be told we barbecue all year round, but some things I save for summer and these Country Style BBQ Rib Sliders are one of them. A crunchy slaw goes perfectly with the savory filling, and I gild the lily with sliced jalapeño while my family prefers pickles. If you can find Sylvia's products near you, I highly recommend them - but any of your favorite bbq sauces and rubs will work just fine.
Country Style BBQ Rib Sliders with Crunchy Slaw
A savory and sweet bbq slider with slow cooked Country Style ribs and topped with a crunchy slaw. Perfect for a family meal or party platter.
- 8-10 Country Style Ribs large size
- Sylvia's Rib Rub'n More Seasoning or similar
- Sylvia's Cookin’, Dippin’, and Moppin’ Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Sylvia's Rib Rub or similar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed (about ½ a lemon)
- 2 cups cabbage shredded
- 2 tablespoon sandwich sauce or more if preferred
10-12 Slider Buns
Sliced fresh jalapeno and/or dill pickle slices to top slaw (optional)
- Heat oven 325F.
- Place ribs on a foil lined baking sheet and liberally sprinkle all sides with the rib seasoning. Top with another sheet of foil and seal the edges. Bake around 3 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Then brown ribs on a medium-medium high heat grill, liberally brushing with Sylvia's Cookin' Dippin' & Moppin' Sauce (or similar). Check at 5 to 10 minutes, applying more sauce to creat a nice baked on saucy crust. Remove and cool.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the meat from the bone, shredding as you go. Apply more sauce to your taste and moisture preferrence. (This can be done a day ahead of time).
- In a small bowl or a jar with a lid, mix the sauce ingredients and stire or shake. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Thinly slice cabbage into a shredded consistency, mix in 2 tablespoon of the prepared sandwich sauce. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Spread each side of the bun with Sandwich Sauce, spoon in meat mixture, top with the slaw and pickle or jalapeno slice (optional).
Alternate methods for cooking the Country Style Ribs:
- Grilled over low, indirect heat (or smoker)
- Slow cooked in a crockpot or Instant Pot
Calories: 197kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 1gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 182mgPotassium: 35mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 35IUVitamin C: 7mgCalcium: 9mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply