Soft butter married with fresh herbs, garlic, and lemon make this a perfect way to dress steamed or roasted veggies, grilled meats, fish, and incredible to brush garlic knots.
Garlic & Herb Compound Butter
- 1/2 cup butter softened (1 stick)
- 1 tsp garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt (if using salted butter, cut back on the additional salt)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2-3 tbsp fresh herbs of your choice, minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Mix all together and refrigerate until needed.
- This can be shaped into a log and refrigerate, then placed on a serving plate and sliced for people to help themselves. Or pile it in a freezer bag and freeze, then pull off nubs as you need them to dress steamed potatoes or other veggies.