Nothing says summer more than firing up the grill, fresh seasonal ingredients, and whipping up something easy and uncomplicated. Enter Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Zesty Lime Crema and Wellington Crackers.
I love to keep things light, fresh, and full of flavor so this grilled salsa really sizzles. But now we need something to dunk and dip - and Wellington is the ticket. This gold standard cracker is always in our pantry ready to snack, scoop, dip, and dunk, into just about anything and everything.
A few tips about this Wellington recipe: grilling the sliced pineapple will take only a few minutes. You'll want the slices to be at least ½ inch thick so they hold up to the heat. You'll also want pre-heat your grill to a nice medium-high but not too hot. It's better to let the natural sugars carmelize with moderate heat, keeping a close eye on the pineapple and pulling the slices from the grill when they're still tender-crisp. Cool, then chop and mix with the other ingredients, finally give it a generous squeeze of lime. Then prepare your taste buds for a memorable combo of sweet, smokey, and spicy salsa piled on Wellington's crispy and sturdy table cracker, and a little cool lime crema to cool things off.
Check out the video below to show you how easy it is and pick up some Wellington Crackers to enjoy with this, and other delicious recipes that you can find on their website. WellingtonCrackers.com
Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Zesty Lime Crema
For the Salsa
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into ½ inch steak sized slices
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped (1 large)
- ½ cup avocado chopped (1 medium)
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh jalapeños or peppers of your choice diced (about 2) or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Salt to taste
For the Crema
- 15 oz Crema Mexicana (1 jar) or Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Zest of 2 limes
For the Pineapple
- Break down and slice the pineapple into ½ inch steak sized pieces, grill until starting to soften and color with grill marks. Remove when still tender-crisp. Cool the chop into medium dice.
- Chop the rest of the salsa ingredients. A finer dice on the jalapeno and onion makes for a nicer texture.
- Juice the limes, saving a final squeeze for plating. **ZEST the limes first, setting aside the zest for the crema. Save a final section of lime peel to zest at the very end when plating.
- Combine the salsa ingredients with the lime juice, and a pinch of salt to taste.
For the Crema
- Combine the crema with the lime zest.
- Serve in separate bowls, or on a serving platter by spreading the crema, then top with the salsa. Add a final zest and a squeeze of lime juice over the top. Serve with Wellington Crackers and enjoy!
Thank you to Wellington Crackers for this delicious partnership!