This Whipped Herb Ricotta with Garlic and Parmesan is light, creamy, and whipped with fresh garlic and savory parmesan. It transforms a store-bought product into a recipe component that will take your meal to the next level.
I'm not a fan of store-bought ricotta's grainy texture. Are you? Whipping it in a food processor solves that.
If you're like me, that grainy texture is kind of ick. It's amazing what 3 minutes in a food processor will do to really smooth things out. Whether you use whole milk or part-skim, just whip the ricotta with herbs, garlic, parmesan, and other seasonings. It lightens up and that grainy texture almost completely disappears. Scoop it out of the processor and place it back into its storage container to use later. Here are some ideas below:
- garlic bread
- grilled veggies
- sandwich spread
Transforming store-bought ingredients is something I love to do. And we did it again with purchased flatbread. It's perfect for a quick pizza, and it's also incorporating the Whipped Herb Ricotta with Garlic and Parmesan. ZUCCHINI RIBBON FLATBREAD PIZZA
More zucchini? You might also like FUDGY ZUCCHINI BROWNIES WITH CHOCOLATE CHUNKS.
Whipped Herb Ricotta with Garlic and Parmesan
- 15 oz Store-bought Ricotta
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper (each)
- 2 teaspoon garlic roughly chopped
- 1 a handful of fresh herbs enough for 3 tablespoon chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan grated
- In a food processor add all the ingredients and blend for 1 minute. Scape down the sides and blend again - for a total of 3-4 minutes until the mixture is thoroughly combined and creamy.
We buy much of our dairy from a local producer. Buy local if you can! Royal Crest Dairy.