And just when I thought Swiss Miss couldn’t get any better, they wanted to team up with Reddi-wip and Duncan Hines to create a fun How To Make A Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board! I'm all in on this one.
A hot chocolate board is perfect for cozy evenings and lazy Sundays all season long. Just set out the mugs and the toppers and create your own Swiss Miss adventure!
Hot Chocolate Board Dippers
Add easy dippers and dunkers with Duncan Hines Brownie Bites & Sugar Cookie Cut-outs. They’re perfectly scoopable and ideal for a charcuterie board.
How to assemble your hot chocolate board
Pick out a large serving tray or cutting board. Anything big works. Or, you can use smaller bowls and keep your toppers separated.
I try to go for color and texture, also something sweet and something salty. I make a few homemade items and fill in the gaps with store-bought snacks. It makes things much easier!
Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate
There are several different varieties of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate and some with additions! We love the Classic and the Marshmallow. You can find them in packets or in a handy canister.
Then, top off your hot chocolate with cool & creamy Reddi-wip. A must have at my house.
Add a few homemade items to your charcuterie board.
I made brownies and sugar cookies, then I filled in the gaps with chocolate-dipped pretzels, cereal marshmallow bars, puppy chow, and candy canes. A little bit of something for everyone. You could also add donuts or cake pops, caramel, and toffee.
How To Build A Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Charcuterie Board
- charcuterie, cutting board, or tray
- Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix
- Reddi-wip Cream
- Duncan Hines Mega Sugar Cookie Mix
- Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix
For the Brownies
- Prepare Duncan Hines Brownies according to package directions for a "fudgy" brownie. Allow to cool.
- Cut out shapes using cookie cutters, or cube into squares and thread on a skewer.
- Can dip these in melted chocolate wafers. I use dark and white chocolate.
For the Cookies
- Prepare Duncan Hines Mega Sugar Cookie mix according to package directions but use a mixing bowl and beaters to mix the dough.Add 2 Tablespoons of flour and 1 teaspoon of cornstarch to the mixture to stiffen up the cookie mixture and prevent spreading in the oven.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate until chilled.
- Flour a work surface and roll out the cookie dough to 1/4th inch thickness. Cut out cookies and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 350F for 8-12 minutes until done.
For the Pink Puppy Chow
- Blitz 1 cup of freeze-dried strawberries in a food processor, blender, ninja, or spice blender until powdery. Place in a small bowl and add 1/2 cup of powdered sugar. Mix until combined. Set aside.Melt 1 cup white chocolate wafers, mix until smooth. Add 3 - 4 cups of Chex Mix cereal to a large mixing bowl. Pour over the melted white chocolate and gently turn to coat, folding over carefully.Add the coated cereal to a large zip lock bag and add in the strawberry/powdered sugar mixture. Toss to coat.Spread the cereal out on a baking sheet or parchment paper in a single layer to dry and set up a little.
Other charcuterie ideas
- Rice Krispy marshmallow cereal bars. (I used Golden Grahams cereal, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is also good)
- Chocolate dipped pretzels
- Candy canes. Can dip the ends in white chocolate and roll in crushed peppermint candy.
- Marshmallows on a skewer, dipped in chocolate.
Thank you to Swiss Miss, Reddi-wip, and Duncan Hines for this sweet hot chocolate partnership! I appreciate your support of A Food Lover's Life.
You might also like this other Duncan Hines recipe Gooey Caramel Apple Cookie Bars.