Throwing together a garden fresh Pico is something we do a few times a week during tomato season. Some of our favorite toms last season were these Tangarines and they were perfect in salsa. A lovely mellow and slightly sweet tomato, meaty texture and not too seedy. A great performer and producer, also grows really well in patio pots.
Garden Fresh Pico de Gallo
- 3 tomatoes large, vine ripened, roughly chopped
- ½ cup onion yellow, diced
- ½ jalepeno seeded, fine diced
- 3 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- ¼ cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- ½ tsp salt to taste
- ¼ tsp pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp sugar to taste
- Combine all in a serving bowl and adjust seasonings to taste. Can serve immediately, or refrigerate to let the flavors combine. Can be used with chips or top any dish you prefer, also use to make queso.