Need quick burger buns? This recipe uses the Easy White Sandwich Bread recipe you can find here: Easy White Sandwich Bread
The bread recipe makes 2 loaves so just hold back 1/2 of the dough to make 8 burger buns, hotdog buns, hoagie rolls - any shape you need. If you don't need 8 buns, just pull off what you do need and you can freeze the extra dough. It thaws and will rise again.
Follow the directions for the Easy White Sandwich Bread recipe but rather than making a loaf follow the instructions below to make a hamburger bun. Just before baking gently brush with melted butter and you can top the buns with sesame seeds, poppy seeds, everything but the bagel mix, garlic butter, or rehydrated onion bits.
Soft & Light Hamburger Buns
- 1 half recipe of Easy White Sandwich Bread would equal 1 loaf or 960g
To make 5-6 inch round hamburger buns
- After your dough has doubled in size, divide into portions - each bun should weigh 4oz (120g) which is a standard size portion for a hamburger bun. That's about the size of a slightly large golf ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a ball, then squash down the dough ball with the palm of your hand or a rolling pin until it's about a 4 inch in diameter puck shape and about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Place the buns 4 inches apart on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover and let rise until 75% risen in size.
- Gently brush with melted butter and add toppings of your choice or leave plain.
- Bake on the center rack in a 375F oven for about 20 minutes. Checking at the 10-minute mark, turning the baking sheet around. Bake until golden, a honey color (or your preference)