If you haven’t made Key Lime Pie before this recipe is for you. It’s just the right balance of tart and sweet, has simple ingredients, and is ready in a snap!
The Easiest Key Lime Pie - Perfectly Tart & Sweet
- 1 ¼ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp sugar granulated
- 5 tbsp butter melted
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk 14 oz cans
- ¾ cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lime zest finely grated
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat oven to 325F or 160C
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix to thoroughly combine and press into a 9 inch pie plate. Bake about 10-12 minutes until edges start to brown slightly.
- In a medium bowl combine all the pie filling ingredients and whisk thoroughly to completely combine.
- Pour into pie crust and bake about 20 minutes. The filling will thicken but will not be fully set until it's cooled.
- Cool completely.
- Whip the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla until stiff peaks. Can be done by hand or an electric hand mixer or stand mixer speeds things up.
- Decorate the top of the pie with whipped cream and garnish with slices of lime and a sprinkle of lime zest. Or slice and plate, then dollop on whipped cream, and garnish with lime slice and sprinkle of zest.