Grilled Pineapple Salsa with Zesty Lime Crema
Fire up the grill and make this easy and delicious summertime salsa. Served with a zesty lime crema and the perfect Wellington Cracker. It couldn’t be better.
For the Salsa
- 1 fresh pineapple cut into ½ inch steak sized slices
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped (1 large)
- ½ cup avocado chopped (1 medium)
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ¼ cup fresh jalapeños or peppers of your choice diced (about 2) or to taste
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- Salt to taste
For the Crema
- 15 oz Crema Mexicana (1 jar) or Sour Cream
- 1 tablespoon Zest of 2 limes
For the Pineapple
Break down and slice the pineapple into ½ inch steak sized pieces, grill until starting to soften and color with grill marks. Remove when still tender-crisp. Cool the chop into medium dice.
Chop the rest of the salsa ingredients. A finer dice on the jalapeno and onion makes for a nicer texture.
Juice the limes, saving a final squeeze for plating. **ZEST the limes first, setting aside the zest for the crema. Save a final section of lime peel to zest at the very end when plating.
Combine the salsa ingredients with the lime juice, and a pinch of salt to taste.
Serve in separate bowls, or on a serving platter by spreading the crema, then top with the salsa. Add a final zest and a squeeze of lime juice over the top. Serve with Wellington Crackers and enjoy!
Calories: 179kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 3gFat: 10gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 223mgPotassium: 238mgFiber: 3gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 966IUVitamin C: 85mgCalcium: 103mgIron: 1mg